- Buy HGH Peptides for Weightloss? - July 28, 2021
- 100 Health hacks to lose weight and get healthy post covid - July 26, 2021
- Reversing a Hiatal Hernia - July 26, 2021
The Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes Campaign recognizes the invaluable contribution of all nursing home employees to improving the quality of care in nursing homes.
The Campaign recognizes that all nursing home staff are critical to the quality of care and quality of life of nursing home residents. Frontline staff interact with residents daily and provide 90% of all care and services. They also can influence the quality, retention, and satisfaction of their co-workers.
The thousands of nursing homes that participate in the Advancing Excellence Campaign are voluntarily signing up to improve working conditions for staff and improve the quality of care provided to residents. Each home is asked to choose a minimum of two clinical outcome or process goals to work on during the next year, including retaining staff and making sure residents get consistent assignment of care.
How homes select goals varies widely. At some nursing homes, the nursing home administrator, corporate office or board of directors will decide whether to participate or select the nursing home’s goals. At other homes, staff members will be integrally involved in the nursing home’s decision to participate and the selection of clinical outcome or process goals to focus on. In either case, the involvement and support of nursing home staff like you will be critical as homes work to improve resident care and quality of life. Your ideas and suggestions about how to achieve your nursing home’s goals are very important to its quality improvement efforts.
Benefits to being a Campaign member include:
- Receiving regular updates related to Campaign activities
- Participating in Campaign activities
- Benefitting from opportunities for professional development
- Getting resources to promote quality improvement, including those specific to the goals your nursing home is working on
- Receiving strategies for asking your nursing home to become a Campaign member.
- Being a part of a national quality initiative that has helped its’ nursing homes members improve the quality of care and quality of life of their residents and staff
Staff who can participate in the Campaign include:
- Certified or licensed nurse assistants
- Nutrition, dietary, and food service staff
- Activities directors and activities staff
- Social workers
- Housekeeping, laundry, grounds, and maintenance staff
- Medical professionals, such as nurses, doctors, and therapists
- Administrative and support staff
- Clinical consultants, such as dieticians and pharmacists