- Buy HGH Peptides for Weightloss? - July 28, 2021
- 100 Health hacks to lose weight and get healthy post covid - July 26, 2021
- Reversing a Hiatal Hernia - July 26, 2021
Medishare -vs- Samaritian -vs- Sedera
We have taken the top 20 questions we get about Christian Faith Based plans and alternative healthcare plans and applied them to the grid below to help consumers understand their options. This is not 100% inclusive as you will need to visit each company site, but designed to give you a broad overview as of Q4 2020. We will update as we see changes or are notified by the plans.
|IS THIS INSURANCE?||NO||NO||NO|
|Certified health care sharing ministry||SEE BELOW||YES||NO|
|Federal or state level individual mandates?||The Affordable Care Act includes a special provision for members of Healthcare Sharing Ministries, so Medi-Share members are exempt from the mandate to purchase insurance||NO|
|Can I keep my doctor?||YES WITH CONDITIONS||YES WITH CONDITIONS||YES WITH CONDITIONS|
|Enrollment Fee (one time)||$50,00/$120.00/$2.00|
(Waived Sometimes) Check WEBSITE
|There is a non-refundable startup fee of $200.||$30.00|
|When can I enroll?||Any Time||Any Time||Any Time|
|Operating Profit Disclosure if found||18% – Eighteen percent of the monthly share deposit supports ministry operations. Members send the remaining amount to other members with medical needs.||not found||not found|
|Smoker Up-charge||HIGH RISKS UP TO $99.00 BUT MAY BE REMOVED BASED ON PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMS||$75.00|
|Cost Comparison for Male 50 with family of 6 in Texas as of Nov 2020 from respective sites|
(Standard Monthly Share)
Out of Pocket
(Annual Household Portion)
|$500 Initial Unshareable Amount (IUA) $982.00/mo|
$1000 Initial Unshareable Amount (IUA) -$842.00/mo
$1500 Initial Unshareable Amount (IUA) – $769.00/mo
$2500 Initial Unshareable Amount (IUA) – $684.00/mo
$5000 Initial Unshareable Amount (IUA) – $531.00/mo
|Illegal substances clause||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sharing Ministry||No. Sedera, Inc. is not a Health Care Sharing Ministry. Sedera was intentionally founded to serve a broader community of members using the well-established principles of sharing without mandatory faith requirements. Sedera, Inc. facilitates sharing for the Sedera Medical Cost Sharing Community. Sedera, Inc. was NOT designed to comply with any federal or state level safe harbor statutes governing health care sharing ministries.|
|Statements||STATEMENT OF FAITH|
Christian Care Ministry is committed to serving the Christian community with excellence and integrity, using the Bible as our foundation. In order to maintain these principles, all members agree to and profess the following Statement of Faith:
I believe that there is only one God eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe Jesus is God, in equal standing with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
I believe the Bible is God’s written revelation to mankind, divinely given through human authors who were inspired with the Holy Spirit. It is completely authoritative, and entirely true.
I believe in the deity of Jesus Christ who existed as God before anything was created, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us and His return to earth in power and glory. He is the world’s only Savior and is the Lord of all.
I believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
I believe man was created in the image of God, but because of sin was alienated from God. Alienation can be removed by accepting God’s gift of salvation by grace through faith which was made possible by Christ’s death and resurrection. This faith will be evidenced by the works that we do.
|Samaritan Statement of faith|
We believe in the triune God of the Bible. He is one God Who is revealed in three distinct Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
GEN 1:26 | LUKE 1:35, 3:21-22 | 2 COR 13:14 | MATT 28:18-20
We believe Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, and continues to be such even after His resurrection—fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, was bodily resurrected on the third day, and now is seated in the heavens at the right hand of God the Father.
ISA 7:14, 9:6 | MATT 1:22-23, 26:64 | MARK 16:19 | LUKE 24:38-40 | JOHN 1:1-2, 1:14, 1:29, 2:18-21, 5:18, 8:46 | ACTS 2:32-33 | 1 COR 15:3-4, 15:20-21 | 2 COR 5:21 | COL 1:15-20, 2:9 | HEB 1:1-4, 4:14-15, 7:26, 9:11-14, 10:10-12 | 1 PETER 2:22-24 | 1 JOHN 3:5
We believe that all people have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory and can be saved from eternal death only through faith in Jesus Christ, Whose atoning death and resurrection secures for us eternal life.
JER 17:9 | JOHN 3:3, 14:6, 20:30-31 | ROM 3:9-11, 3:23, 5:12-21, 10:8-13 | EPH 2:8-9
|Sedera Ethical Beliefs & Principles|
The Members of the Sedera Medical Cost Sharing Community are united by a shared faith in the following beliefs and principles. As a demonstration of these beliefs and principles we have decided to come together to support each other and share medical needs according to the Member Sharing Guidelines with all-comers from all backgrounds, nationalities, ethnicities, and races, as long as each Member accepts the beliefs of this community as out in these Ethical Beliefs and Principles:
1. We share a faith in each other and in the strength of our community.
2. We believe improving the lot of humankind, present and future, is a virtuous goal and that it is an expression of our moral and ethical responsibility to endeavor to voluntarily support our fellow community Members.
3. We believe that as a community we should care for one another and assist fellow Members with each other’s medical burdens when the opportunity and resources allow. We strive to share with others as we would like them to share with us.
4. We believe in the importance of charity and benevolence as well as the social duties of voluntariness, integrity,
honesty, and personal responsibility.
5. We believe in personal accountability for our decisions and responsible stewardship of all that is entrusted to us and share faith that all Members of our community will be empowered to apply these beliefs and principles in their day-to-day lives.
6. We believe that the use of illegal substances or the act of performing an illegal or unlawful activity is harmful to the community and ourselves.
7. We believe in respecting our bodies, practicing good health measures, avoiding harmful substances and addictions, and striving for a balanced lifestyle.
8. We believe it is a basic right to make our own health decisions and to pursue the advice of learned physicians and advisors, spiritual or otherwise, in determining our own health decisions. We believe the we have a fundamental right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution to freely associate in the lawful exercise of our common beliefs to voluntarily share health care expenses with one another. We believe that a community of ethical and health-conscious people can most effectively encourage and care for one another by sharing each other’s medical needs directly.
9. We believe in the power of educated, informed, and empowered healthcare consumers to generate value for themselves, the community, and the American healthcare system.
WAR INGS AND DISCLAIMERS COPIED FROM COMPANY SITES:
WARNING: THE SEDERA MEDICAL COST SHARING COMMUNITY
AND/OR SEDERA, INC. ARE NOT INSURANCE COMPANIES AND THE
SEDERA MEDICAL COST SHARING MEMBERSHIP IS NOT ISSUED OR OFFERED BY AN INSURANCE COMPANY. WHETHER A MEMBER/HOUSEHOLD CHOOSES TO SEND MONETARY ASSISTANCE TO YOU AND/OR
YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO HELP WITH YOUR MEDICAL EXPENSES WILL BE
TOTALLY VOLUNTARY AND NEITHER YOU NOR THE SEDERA MEDICAL
COST SHARING COMMUNITY AND/OR SEDERA, INC. HAS ANY RIGHT
TO COMPEL PAYMENT OF MEDICAL COST SHARING COSTS FROM ANY
MEMBER. THE SEDERA MEMBERSHIP IS NOT AND SHOULD NEVER BE
CONSIDERED TO BE OR TO BE LIKE A GROUP INSURANCE POLICY OR
AN INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE POLICY. WHETHER YOU RECEIVE ANY
MONEY FOR MEDICAL EXPENSES, OR WHETHER OR NOT THIS MEMBERSHIP CONTINUES TO OPERATE, YOU AS THE MEMBER WILL
ALWAYS REMAIN LIABLE FOR YOUR UNPAID MEDICAL EXPENSES AND
DO NOT HAVE ANY LEGAL RIGHT TO SEEK REIMBURSEMENT OR INDEMNIFICATION FOR ANY SUCH EXPENSES FROM THE SEDERA MEDICAL COST SHARING COMMUNITY AND/OR SEDERA, INC. OR ANY
OTHER MEMBER OR HOUSEHOLD. THIS IS NOT A LEGALLY BINDING
AGREEMENT TO REIMBURSE OR INDEMNIFY YOU FOR THE MEDICAL
EXPENSES YOU INCUR, BUT IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO ASSIST
OTHER MEMBERS IN NEED, AND WHEN YOU ARE IN NEED, TO PRESENT YOUR MEDICAL BILLS TO OTHER MEMBERS AND HOUSEHOLDS
AS OUTLINED IN THESE GUIDELINES. THE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
YOU MAY RECEIVE WILL COME FROM OTHER MEMBERS AND/OR
HOUSEHOLDS, AND NOT FROM THE SEDERA MEDICAL COST SHARING
COMMUNITY AND/OR SEDERA, INC.