This provided document is about a bacteria known as C.difficile that causes infections. Avoiding these infections is an essential part of any facility’s quality care routines in order to promote the best possible quality of life for their patients.
Information on the following inside the document consists of:
- What is C. difficile?
- How would you know if you are infected with C. diff?
- Who is at risk for getting an infection from C. diff?
- Why are older adults at greater risk for C. diff?
- How do antibiotics raise your risk for C. diff — don’t they kill bacteria?
- How is C. diff spread?
- What can the nursing home do to avoid the spread of C. diff?
- What can you do to avoid the spread of C. diff?