The contents of the provided document address the usage of antipsychotic drugs and care for dementia patients in nursing homes. Here, patients and their families can find an abundance of information covering this topic to better understand their treatment and treatment options.
Important points discussed and explained in this document include:
- What Are Antipsychotic Medications?
- Why is This an Important Issue?
- When May Antipsychotic Medications Be Useful?
- How Does This Relate to Dementia Care?
- Residents’ Rights
- What is Being Done to Stop Unnecessary Use of Antipsychotic Medications?
- Who Can Speak for a Resident
- Questions to Ask the Nursing Home
- What You Can Do