This Fact Sheet is about person-centered care (PCC). It talks about how PCC can help you (or your loved one) get the care and support that they need while living in a nursing home. PCC is about your freedom to make informed choices about your life and care. It means treating people with dignity and respect. It supports living a meaningful life and building relationships.
Further explanations on person centered care include:
- What is person-centered care?
- Why should person-centered care be important to you and your family?
- Why is person-centered care important for nursing home staff?
- What is a care plan?
- When does person-centered care planning happen?
- How will you and your family know if your nursing home values person-centered care?
- Where can you find out more? What can you do to help?