Purpose & Description
The Mission of the Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes Campaign is to help nursing homes achieve excellence in the quality of care and quality of life for the more than 1.5 million residents of America’s nursing homes and was dropped as a government site so now NHQC has been picked up by a group of concerned healthcare leaders in the effort to keep the good working going. If you have an interest in being part of the solution please give us a call.
- Establishing and supporting an infrastructure of Local Area Networks for Excellence (LANEs),
- Strengthening the workforce, and
- Improving clinical and organizational outcomes.
The Campaign works to achieve its mission by:
- Helping nursing homes make a difference in the lives of residents and staff by focusing on nine goals related to its mission,
- Providing free, practical and evidence-based resources to support quality improvement efforts in America’s nursing homes,
- Providing support to those on the frontlines of nursing home care, and
- Promoting open communication and transparency among families, residents, and nursing home staff.
The Campaign works closely with other national nursing home quality initiatives to streamline efforts and to prevent duplication of efforts. National quality initiatives such as Quality First, the Nursing Home Quality Initiative, the Culture Change movement, the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) 9th Scope of Work complement one another. Working with one initiative will usually strengthen results and outcomes of the other.
Campaign leaders include:
- long-term care providers and their associations,
- consumers, advocates, and ombudsmen,
- nursing home practitioners including nurses, health care professionals, medical directors, nursing home administrators, certified nursing assistants (CNAs), caregivers and other frontline support staff,
- government agencies, quality improvement organizations, foundations, and private organizations supporting nursing home education and person-centered care.
Each of these groups has a role to play in creating greater awareness about quality and the resources available to help providers improve the care they deliver. See letters of support from these organizations.
The Advancing Excellence Campaign is led by a Steering Committee of the 28 organizations that comprise the coalition. Please see our organizational chart and committee/workgroup descriptions. Please take a look at the wealth of information on this Web site.